tirsdag 3. januar 2017

Making a Home; How am I Getting Organized This Year?

Many of us needs to be a bit organized for whatever reason. I'm no different, as I'm a university student, whether it's lectures, studying, revising and don't forget all the "general stuff" what I need to do, regardless of studies, like grocery shopping and laundry. Due to the fact that I live on my own, I basically need to be a bit organized in order to get everything done and I wanted to share with you my strategies.

Strategy Number One;
Writing everything down in my day planner. Since my dayplanner has one page for each day (except Saturdays and Sundays), I divide the sheet into two main sections; university stuff and private stuff. Then I divide those two sections into two - stuff that needs to be done at a specific time, like attending a 12.15 lecture and stuff with a somewhat "fluid" time, like doing the infamous laundry. I'm one of those that write down whatever I need to do that specific date, whether it is that meeting with my supervisor, do some grocery shopping (I might add what store, depending on if I want to use something on sale/discount), e-mails to be written and all other errands and what-not that needs to be dealth with that day. I do cross things out with a highlighter as soon as it's done, and if it is something that I haven't done that day when I go to bed, I transfer it to tomorrow, or another suitable day (that only applies for those fluid stuff; it's not like I can transfer a ditched class to another day of the week).

Strategy Number Two;
Write a menu plan for each week. You might have noticed a few Menu Plan Monday Posts at this blog, and it does help me in being a bit organized when it comes to dinner so I don't end up eating noodles or whatever for four days straight. It also helps to circulate the foods that I have in my fridge and pantry, so there is lesser chance of thowing stuff away because it has gone bad.

Strategy Number Three;
It is in a sense linked to both the previous ones, but writing lists can be helpful in general, especially if you are a list-lover like me. I can admit that I do get a certain kick when it comes to crossing stuff off a list, feel free to laugh.

In a little while I am going to write a post on how to save a few quid on grocery shopping, so feel free to check back in a week or two. Yes, it does involve writing lists (shocker, I know *add irony*).

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar