tirsdag 3. juli 2018

Making a Home; Storage Options For Small Spaces


I live in a 45 square meter small flat, so it’s not like I have that much space especially with the floor plan in mind. Due to the floor plan, I don’t have enough space for a freaking kitchen/dining table, so when I’m eating, I’m forced to eat it on the couch in the living room area. It’s fair to say that whether or not I want to, I’ve got an excuse for not hosting any dinner parties.

Due to lack of floor space, I’ve learned a few tricks over the years in terms of storage solutions. One of the biggest one is probably don’t buy anything I can’t properly store in my flat. If I don’t have the space for it, I don’t buy it. It might sound a bit harsh, but I do want to see the floor in my flat and I want my flat to look a bit organized and tidy, so there is a purpose behind the thought of not purchasing anything that I can’t store somewhere.

Another thing that I have a big crush on is dual purpose furniture, especially if it is in terms of storage options. The bed FJELL and the foot stool KIVIK, both from IKEA has storage solutions incorporated into the design. Of course one might risk that the storage options end up being full sooner or later, which leads me to a very important point that I talked about earlier in this post; don’t buy stuff you don’t have the space for. It doesn’t help how cute or cheap or whatever it is. If you don’t really like it, need it nor have the space for it, why purchase it?

Great storage solutions for small spaces and small spaces in general for that matter, is dependent on that you don’t have too much stuff/clutter to begin with. I’m not saying go minimalist galore unless you really want to, but I’m saying that it’s important to use your brain and consider everything you bring into your home.

Here is a couple of links for additional great storage solutions for small spaces; 15 Kitchen Organization Ideas and 43 Over The Toilet Storage Ideas For Extra Space

Do you have any great tips or tricks in terms of small space storage? Feel free to share in the comment section below.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar